Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Much Better

Thank you Matt and Hayley for your comment on the last post.  Now that I've thought about it, I do think my mom meant it that way, Matt. 

So Grandpa is home and feeling great.  I'm going there today to see him and give him his favorite salami and take him to his doctors apt.  He wants to get to his camping spot so bad and is hoping they give him the green light today.  At 91 he still drives (not at night) is sharp as a whip and can through you smart-ass comebacks like lightning.  He doesn't wear a diaper and is very active.  I want to be like him when I'm that age :)

Justin is all moved out and  I am perfectly fine with it too.  Since he only moved 15 minutes away and still works in our town, I've been seeing him daily LOL  He still comes home for break and I was at his place helping with the moving in stuff.  Thank goodness his girlfriend really likes us and we enjoy hanging out together, otherwise that could be a big problem in how often I see my son.  We met her parents on Saturday and LOVE them!  We all hit it off right away and conversation just flowed.  Justin and Gerianna fed us all lunch and we just sat back and enjoyed the day.

So far, I still have not done any exercise...although moving was a huge workout!  I have bruises to prove it ;)
I was amazed at how strong I still am though and want to preserve that.  I will start something real soon...I have to!  My eating however has been very good.  My body finally told me enough is enough!  I was feeling sluggish, backed-up, and just plain yuck!  I now am feeling much better, but still need to keep eating clean for a bit, because I'm still not feeling 100%

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling a bit more on the "up and up." Before I forget, thank you so much for your most recent comment on my blog. I agree with you 100% - I actually just cancelled my subscription to Oxygen and Muscle & Fitness Hers runs out in a month or so. Why bother reading them when I don't want to look like them? I want to be fit, active, and healthy but not deprive myself and miserable in the process. I just liked the way you wrote that.

Anyway, you are LUCKY that Justin is only 15 minutes away! I so wish I was that close to my parents. It's so great that you have such a nice relationship with him and his girlfriend and now her parents, too! I like the name Gerianna too...that's really pretty.

Your grandpa is my hero!!! I want to be like him when I grow up. :)

I'm so happy to hear you're happy!

Brit-Man said...

I'm glad things are getting better for you Colette.

Frankly it doesn't matter what your Mother thinks of you really. It only matters what the people you have regularly shared a home with in your adult life think, though obviously having other family members onside does help too.

As long as you always stay true to yourself and know that the things you do and have done have been done for the best of reasons, intentions and with genuine actions, you have nothing to feel bad for.

I think you have always done the right thing by your children and the right thing by those that matter most to you. This is a prt of your life where you cna start doing a little more for you and not feel bad about what you did in the last 20 or so years.

You're a stellar Lady and a top top person with a lot of humanity, and emotional gifts. Keep on being you, because only when you are that person do you shine at your very best.

I'm proud to have someone like you in my life in any way.

GOOD LUCK in all you do and very best wishes.

:-):-).

Matt

leslie said...

Do you want to do a park workout next week???