Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eating and changing can be a challenge

I have to say that since changing my eating for a couple of days now, my body is feeling less bloated and I'm starting to feel a little more energized.  I've kicked the processed stuff to the curb and have been concentrating on eating things like eggs, chicken, veggie patties, tons of berries and melon, yogurt, milk, salads and healthy green veggies, and my protein/fruit smoothies.  No artificial sweeteners, high fat anything, minimal animal meat, breads/cereals.  Yep, I am cleaning out my body and feeling better for it every day!

Now I'd be lying if I said it's been 100% easy.  Not at all!  I have been tempted many times to stray when I see something yummy, or think about going out for ice cream or out to dinner.  Those are just habits that can be broken, and it won't happen over night.  I am stronger than those things!  I've also noticed that because everything I'm now eating/allowing in my body are things I have to prepare, which takes a few moments to think about and make...not just grab and go.  That in itself has made me cut way back on what I eat.  I think everyone should try this and I bet you too will find you don't eat as much. 

I still haven't worked out yet, but today I plan on going to the garage and hitting some weights.  Let me change the word "plan" to "will"...much better :)

On a side note:  Dad got his appointment for this Friday at 3:30.  It is not for a biopsy like we thought it would be, but for a consultation.  We are not sure what that means, but we will find out soon enough.  The unknown is the hardest part of this journey, but with all the support we have been getting, thinking positive is a lot easier to do.  I am so very grateful for so many people out there that have prayed and supported me and my family.  I don't feel alone and it gives me strength and hope.  My extended family has posted about my dad and asked their friends for prayers, and it amazes me how many responded!  I know not everyone believes in prayer or God, and I respect that.  I do feel the love from so many people right now that it feels absolutely amazing!  Thank you everyone!!!

4 comments:

Brit-Man said...

The main thing is not forget the things you need to do every day for you. It is a tough situation right now, but by keeping things normal and making sure you have as much of the normal "you time" as possible , it will help a lot to keep you on a good emotional plain.

As always, my very best wishes and lots of luck are with you. Chin up and keep smiling, because despite everything I thikn you are doing a wonderful job of getting through and you should be so proud of yourself.

You are a truly inspiring and touching Lady.

THANK YOU. It does mean a lot and it will be a great comfort to the family right now, for sure.

:-):-).

Matt

Ruby said...

Anytime life is tough or takes you down that hard road the best thing you could to deal with it is take care of yourself. I always believed that Colette. Thinking of you!!!

Hayley said...

I could've sworn I wrote a comment here the other day...but now I'm thinking that I wrote what I wanted to say in my head and just assumed I posted the comment on your blog?! I'm losing it I swear. :)

First off I have to applaud you for getting right back on track with your eating and taking good care of yourself and your body. It's amazing what a difference eating healthy foods can do for how you feel! Especially now with all that you have going on I'm sure it helps you feel a bit more sane to be eating healthy foods so that you aren't dealing with feeling sluggish or bloated in addition to everything else that's going on. Basically - I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, because I know you do a good job of taking care of others!

I've been thinking about your dad everyday and praying that everything will turn out well. Please keep us posted on his appointments and condition. Love you Colette! xoxo

Colette said...

You guys are wonderful! I am so thankful to have you in my life, and I mean that. I am trying to take care of myself, and the change in eating has been such a huge point in how I'm able to handle all this. I think if I started eating crap foods and big portions, I know i'd be feeling like crap myself and tired/wornout, and that would not be good for anyone. Now, i just have to get some exercise in....