Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fair and Food

I went to the State fair yesterday with hubby, and wow, the food they have there!!!  I thought deep fried Twinkies were bad, how about a chocolate covered bacon churro?  Yep, they had it and I was glad not to see anyone waiting in line for that one...yuck!!  It is very hard to find healthy choices there, but you can if you look hard enough.  My choice for lunch?  An 8in yummy/fattening corn dog LOL  It was so good!  I only get those when I go to a fair, and I don't go to fairs hardly ever, so this was my treat and I enjoyed every bite. 
~I am talking about this because I also made sure to eat the rest of the day 100% good.  Breakfast was a light yogurt and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon in it (no sugar, no milk).  Snack was a banana.  Water all day long.  Dinner was a big bowl of watermelon and a nice small salad with tomatoes, salsa, and 1/2c taco turkey meat. 

You can have that special treat/food you crave or just want, as long as you watch the rest of the things you put into your mouth :)

7 comments:

Brit-Man said...

I'm glad that things are managing to remain more smooth for you.

As for that Watermelon, I trust it wasn't a huge portion, as those suckers are high GI and carry around 1,300 calories per Fruit, so a portion can be deceptively caloric :-p :-p.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

LOL I knew you would have something to say about the mellon, so I am prepared ;)
Copy and paste this link...

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2072/2?print=true

Brit-Man said...

Sneaky :-).

I admit, one thing I did not consider in my comments was how much a Watermelon might weigh.

You hade me fair and square :-p :-p.

Hayley said...

Good for you!! Moderation is key, right? It's awesome that you were able to indulge but you kept it all in balance...just made smart choices the rest of the day. :) How's your dad?

Colette said...

LOL Matt :)

Hayley, that's what the key is...moderation baby ;)
Oh, and dad is doing good. Worried, but better. Thank you for asking :)

Maggie said...

Yay You!! I ate pizza,cake you name it this weekend. I kept it at moderation and did lots of sweating and eating mostly healthy when I could.
I need to start walking again, to keep whats coming in out. lol

Colette said...

See M, you ate that stuff but you still lost a few pounds! It just goes to show that we can have a treat at times and it won't kill us!

Okay, you and me both need to start walking again!