Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lazy Day, Walking, Justin

First, I am embarrassed to say that I did not workout at all yesterday like I planned on doing.  I pretty much did nothing!  The only time I went out was to pick Ash up from school...no joke!  I did fill out an app for Walgreen's, which is a drug store that is opening up close by.  I watched a lot of TV and ate a lot of peanut M&M's.  Do I feel good about that?  Hell no!!  Did hubby come home after a long day of work and hit the weights?  Of course he did!  I'm telling you, I am in limbo right now and not sure what to do about it.  School is back in session, college has started, and I'm here with nothing to do.  I know I should "Just Do It" but that's easier said than done.  Well, after yesterday doing nothing, I made sure as soon as Ash left for school I put on my workout clothes, grabbed my water bottle (the temps are climbing early today) and ipod, and I hit the street.  I walked for 50 minutes and the last 10 were horrible!  The heat killed me, plus I haven't done something like that is a long time.  I would have run and taken less time, but Ash has my running shoes.  I will be eating clean again and walking tomorrow.  I have no excuses and in order to feel healthy and good about myself, I need to make some changes and stick with them.  At least I only fell off of a few days this time though :)

I am proud to say that today is Justin's first day of college!!  He's taking an EMT class and wants to follow in my brothers footsteps (paramedic firefighter).  It's a once a week, all day class.  I am excited that he did this and it shows my baby is growing up and becoming a man!   

1 comment:

Brit-Man said...

I'm sure you'll be fine Colette. Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt