Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday's Workout- Push

I've started my push/pull workout today and boy did it feel so good getting back into the weights. 
Today I did push exercises and they were:

Bench Press: 35 #'s x 10 reps, 40 x 8, 45 x 6
Fly's: 10 x 10, 12 x 8, 15 x 6
DB Military Press: 8 x 10, 10 x 8, 12 x 6
Skull Crushers: 25 x 10, 27.5 x 8, 30 x 6

It's amazing how when you exercise it's easier to eat healthy.  After working out hard, you don't want to sabotage what you just did with crap.  I look forward to tomorrow's workout :)
EDIT:  I put the numbers backwards...meant to put reps first then weight

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I have no clue what all those numbers are, but, good job C! lol

I think not only does exercise make you want to eat healthier cause you don't want to sabotage all your work, but, your body tend to crave the nutrients even more after a work out.

I'm so proud of you. I still haven't done anything yet. :(

Colette said...

I think you are right about that M.

Those numbers are the pounds used and the number of times I lifted. Like the skull crushers (for tricep) I did 10 reps using 25 lbs, then I did 8 reps using 27.5 lbs, and then I did 6 reps using 30 lbs. That is called pyramid training...the heavier the weight, the less the reps...or you can go the other way: start off heavy with less reps and lighten the lbs but increase the reps.

Brit-Man said...

Be proud of what you are doing Colette and don't stop pushing. You ARE worth this and you just need to keep remembering how worth it you are.

I'm happy you are giving yourself the time and attention you need and deserve, so chin up, keep smiling and good luck.

I'm proud of what you are doing and I'm always happy to see someone like you, not settling for ordinary or second best, because you're not and you deserve to feel like you're not as well.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

Well thank you very much, Matt :)