Monday, August 2, 2010

Weigh-In

Today is Monday and I wish I could say that I had another great week of weight-loss.  I am up two pounds, which puts me back at 140.2!  I know there are a few factors to this, but it still bugs me.  I am "backed up" and it's the week before that time of the month.  Also, I know I've been consuming more sodium this week, which is not good either, because it makes you retain water.  So, those three things together make for a crappy week (lol, I wish is was a crappy week lol). 

I will not let these numbers discourage me!  Nope, I will win this fight, no matter how long it takes me!  I will fight hard, but not to the point I kill myself doing it.  I want to still enjoy life and certain foods when they come my way, but for 90% of my time I will be strict and I will win!!!

~On a different note, dad is coming today and staying the night through Wed.  The reason is because he has his biopsy tomorrow.  Of course he is nervous about this, as we all are.  I just keep praying that the biopsy comes back non-cancerous and treatable.  Prayers and positive energy!  Now my job is to keep him calm and his mind off this as much as possible.  I asked him what he wanted for dinner...that I could make anything his heart desires...he came back with going out to Chik-Fillet!  Are you kidding me?  I then came back with, we can have that as a snack but I would make something here for dinner.  He then comes back with, "that sounds good.  How about taco salad"  I'm laughing because he picks the most easiest thing to make!  Oh well, it's what he wants, so it's what he'll get :)

~Here's to a healthy and happy week! 

2 comments:

Brit-Man said...

You will be fine Colette. You're doing a superb job of being there for him and I don't think he could ask for better from you.

Good luck and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Ruby said...

Love this and I know you will win!!
I am sending you prayers for your Dad. Wish him all the luck in the world and then some. I wish I could give you big hug but sending you a virtual one ((((( ))))))..XXXOO