Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feeling Back to Normal

Since Monday I have been eating TONS of green leafy veggies and other veggies, fruit (berries, apples, and melon), chicken breast, Greek yogurt, fat free milk, and a little bit of whole grain products.  I have to tell you, I feel GREAT!  Once again I feel back to normal and I can even see it in my skin.  It just amazes me, even after all these years of knowing this, how food makes a HUGE difference in your skin, how you feel, your energy...heck, your over-all health!  I don't even miss the sugar/sweets :)

So, have I been working out this week?  Sorta.  I know right now my calories are very low, since I'm eating so many veggies and fruit, so I don't want to break my body down further and lose the muscle I already have.  I have been doing body weight-bearing exercises though, and that feels good to me.  After this week of 100% clean/healthy eating, I will start hitting the pavement again.

I have been listening to Jillian Michael's podcast, and just love what she always has to say.  For instance, she always refers to the last 10 pounds as "vanity pounds".  I thought about that and I have to agree with her.  At 10 pounds heavier, I still look great in clothes, and for the most part still feel very healthy.  Of course, these are also the hardest pounds to take off too, because your body is happy with the added weight and doesn't want to get rid of it without a fight.  The opposite is true for those who have well over  the ten to lose.  Your body WANTS to get rid of the extra weight, therefore you will find the pounds leaving you every week...until you hit that last ten of course LOL  So, I am not going to fight it or get all obsessed with it.  I will continue to eat ultra healthy 95% of the time (after this week...since right now it's 100%), and I will still get outside and do some good heart-healthy cardio and some weights to top it off.  I know that when my body is ready to let go and trust that I will not be starving it, I will drop those last ten "vanity" pounds and feel damn great!

4 comments:

Brit-Man said...

Just keep doing the best you can. That's all you can ask of yourself.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Hayley said...

I personally think you look great now! :) Just keep on doing what you're doing..

Hayley said...

PS - I love Jillian Michaels' podcasts, too! I've already listened to all of them (SO bummed they cancelled her show) but I could hear them again! I can't wait for The Biggest Loser to start up on Tuesday. :)

Colette said...

Bummer! I didn't know they cancelled her show :(

I am still in year 2008 LOL but getting there hehehe

Thanks for the compliment...I feel great too...and look who's talking about looking great! you just had a beautiful baby and you would never tell :)