Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday and a weeks worth of workouts

This week has flown by and I'm surprised that I have not posted since Monday.  Don't worry, I have been working out every day buy yesterday (that was because I went and visited my grandpa).  I have not been in the mood to really get out there and run, so my walks are an hour long instead and I put a few bursts of runs in there.  The one thing I love about walking vs running/jogging is the beauty you see.  When you run/jog the world just passes by and it's just about exercise.  When I'm on my walks (brisk of course) I see all kinds of birds, jack rabbits, little mice/moles running across the path to hide, lizards, turkeys, others walking dogs or pushing strollers, and sometimes deer in the distance.  I feel the air more and see the trees and grasses moving in the breeze.  I just love nature and when I'm walking, I don't miss a thing and that just brings not only the good feeling of working out, but mentally refreshing too.

I have only done weights once this week, so today that is what I will be hitting after my walk.  Eating has been about 80% clean, maybe a bit more.  I just bought a ton of melon, fruit, and veggies to snack on, so that will kick up the % more now.  I didn't make my shake for two days now, and I have to tell you, I miss it!  It's so refreshing and chills me to the bones!  Even when it's 100 degrees out, when I drink that shake I'm freezing and need to stand outside to thaw out LOL 

So, that's what's been going on here in the fitness world of ME 
Enjoy your day to the fullest!!!

2 comments:

Brit-Man said...

I am so happy you have been showing so much commitment to yourself Colette.

I want to let you know I'm really proud of you, for taking the situation by the scruff of the neck and saying no more, I must be more consistent and caring towards myself.

You are a rolemodel to me and someone who CAN lead by example. You just needed to remember what you're worth and what it means and CAN represent.

Keep up the hard work Colette. You ARE someone that is aging beauifully and you have every reason to smile, but don't forget what you're worth and keep sticking at it okay.

Other people are here for you and if you ever need it, e-mail me and ask me to kick your butt for you.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Hayley said...

I completely agree with you about walking and/or running outside! I so miss that and can't wait until I can get back into it. I look forward to the days when I can jog with Chloe in the jogger!

It sounds like you're doing great with eating and working out...awesome!! :)

xoxo