Friday, September 24, 2010

Reflecting Back

I want to take this time to reflect back on the past year.  I will be turning another year older next week, so I thought I should just document the year past and see where it takes me.

Since last year:  I have changed education goals, graduated with my AA, stopped all communication with my mother (the song, "I'm not afraid" helped with that one), watched my son move out with his girlfriend and go through his own growing pains, went through a huge scare with my father's health, went to Florida with my daughter, did half of the Insanity program and wished I didn't have to stop, fell deeper in love with my husband, watched my daughter grow up into even more of a loving and wonderful human being, spent a lot of quality time with family and friends, learned a few new recipes, bought a bunny and guinea pig to fill a void. 

I know there are more, but these are what stick out most in my mind at this time.  My life has it's ups and downs, just like everyone else's does, yet I feel as if I am so blessed each and every day.  Through the dark moments I found how many people truly care about me.  I learned how much I touch others, and not even know.  I have a family that I wouldn't change for anything!  I have a husband who still looks at me like it's the first time, and others see him do this too.  I have kids who talk openly to me (Justin does half the time) and show me so much love, and their friends who come to me as well.  My heart is filled, as is my life.  I can not ask for more!

4 comments:

Brit-Man said...

You deserve nothing less :-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

What a beautiful year. I love the new look. ;)
My kids friends used to come to me too for advice. Now, they are asking to be my friend on fb. lol
I am also glad you're writing about YOU. So interesting to learn/see things you and have in common. :)

Colette said...

Thank you Matt :)

Thank you Maggie, and I'm glad I've decided to change it back too...and it is great to see how much we do have in common...now only if we lived closer :(

Hayley said...

I love your reflection back on this year...I think your wonderful family has you to thank for much of that. Your husband sounds like quite an amazing man, too. I feel very fortunate knowing you and can't wait to read more about your life. xoxo