Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend fun and then some

This weekend we had a fun time.  Friday night high school football, Saturday movie date with hubby, Sunday football and both my kids, hubby, and Ashley's boyfriend over for dinner and family time.  Hubby had me open my birthday gift early and I was thrilled to find an Amazon Kindle inside!  This puppy holds 3,500 books (can not see even coming close to that) and you can even get tons of free books that their copyright expires.  Yep, I love it!  This has been a wonderful, happy, family weekend :)

So, this morning I woke up and decided to set a goal and actually stick to it this time (how many times have you heard this?).  I am going to get rid of these last ten pounds for once and for all!  I know I can't expect you to believe me on this, but for me I have got to do this.  Ten pounds is not a lot, but I can tell how I feel and also with winter/holidays around the corner, I do NOT want to gain more weight!  I have to do this, stick with working out daily and feeding my body healthy foods 99% of the time.  I have to do this for ME.
So today I got up and weight-trained, hit every muscle, then went on a 35 minute walk.  I have never went on a walk and felt so out of shape and tired as I did today.  Maybe it's because of the weights first, or maybe because it is hot outside...either way it got me thinking about how this feeling is NOT good!  I've only not walked for a week, but I still felt crappy.  Doing this did give me tons of energy after I got home and drank a ton of water.  I actually felt great and re-charged.  I cleaned house and even went through Ashley's room and straightened up.  So, I must keep this up and not let a day go by without doing something...and this time I have got to stick with it!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Ok I'm in!! I need to get serious here too.
Next time try walking 30 minutes and use this as a warm up before hitting weights.
I walked today 2 miles and felt it as well. Took my arse an hr to walk that. That's so not happening again.

Here's to a good week!

Happy early birthday ;)

Hayley said...

I have faith in you! Are you still doing your support group? Maybe you guys can all work together on this...accountability certainly helps. I've heard it's been brutally hot out in CA (at least in So CA). I'm glad you're drinking tons of water!

Brit-Man said...

The fact is you ARE capable, but you have to believe you are, because you are responsible for your own results and your own endeavour and effort.

I belive in you and I would support you 10,000% with any goal, because otherwise I wouldn't still be here.

Chin up, be strong, best wishes and take care.

:-) :-).

Matt