Monday, December 20, 2010

Changes Are Coming

First, I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays and I hope Christmas is happy, perfect and full of love for you all!  You will be in my heart as I sit with my family and celebrate together.

Now for the change I talk about-I have been given this "diet" plan and my sister-in-law has been doing it (I was going to, but thought that after Christmas would be better).  Anyway, she has lost 14lbs already, so I know it works, not to mention that this is a plan that was given to my friend who was to follow it for two months prior to her gastric bypass surgery.  This is a pretty extreme plan, and one you don't stay on for long.  The purpose is to lose a lot of weight, learn what a portion looks like, get your body detoxed and used to eating clean foods, keep you motivated, and then you can control/maintain your weight afterwards.  So, starting Sunday/Monday, I will be giving this a try and documenting what I think and feel with each passing day.  I will also throw in some light weights just to get my body back in the feel of things, so when the weight has gone, I can hit the weights hard again and get back to my sexy old self LOL ;)

So here's to a Merry Christmas and a thinner New Year :)

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I look forward to reading/hearing more about this! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Brit-Man said...

Losing 14lbs on a diet plan is good, but in what timeframe?

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

Well the time frame is very small, which is why it's not supposed to be long term. Of course a lot of the loss is water and probably muscle w/fat, but it gets you motivated. That is why I'll add in the weights, to keep my muscle mass (what is left). I look at it like a jump start :)

Brit-Man said...

It could be water yes, but I'm always concerned by systems that encourage weight loss too quickly

Colette said...

Oh I know...I haven't forgotten all I've learned LOL This is from a doctors nutritionist, and it is very balanced. Like I said, it's just a jump start and I know I'll need to spend more time re-building my muscle mass, but I think it's going to be the kick in the butt that I need :)