Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day Five and Six

Still going strong and still loving this feeling. 

Yesterday I was busy and kept telling myself I'll go for a walk....and time went by and the walking wasn't happening.  It was foggy and cold, so I'm sure that played a role in it mentally.  Did I just do nothing?  Nope!  I went in the garage and hit the weights hard!  It felt great and I felt strong and happy that I didn't just let the day go by without doing anything.

Today I got out there in the misty cold weather and walked/ran for an hour.  Half way through, my Ipod died, but it was okay.  I enjoyed just being out in the world and aware of my environment, getting healthy and energized. 

Eating has been great and easy too.  What I've been eating is just the basics, what mother nature intended us to eat.  I cut out all processed foods and eat lots of veggies, fruit, chicken, eggs, Greek yogurt, feta and parm cheese, milk, and oats.  I'm enjoying the foods I'm eating and making sure to add lots of flavor.  I'm not counting calories or portion sizes, I'm just choosing naturally low calorie foods and foods my body will use efficiently.  When I'm hungry, I eat :)

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

The bets thing is, you're learning to adapt to change, so when you need to you do. That's better than saying I can't do this right now, so I won't do it at all. You adapt to circumstances and it works out for you, so you have a plan B that gest done.

Be proud of yourself and keep taking each day as it comes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

Matt, you are so right. In the past few years, I let life be my excuse not to workout or eat right, but not any more! I finally have my plan B and it feels great when I use it :)

Ruby said...

Hi Colette you are doing awesome!!! It takes 21 days to create a habit. By day 22 you will only crave what is food for you. Have been on track since mid November and I am 13 pounds less than I weighed before I had my son and am in better shape then I was in my twenties. My waist is down to 25 1/2 inches not bad for hitting 43 this year.. The answer for me was being consistent and staying away from processed foods. We went away in December and it was all inclusive but I stuck all the the healthy foods and came back 3 pounds lighter also hit there gym everyday. In total I am down 15 pounds. My biggest struggle is going to be staying here but really the answer is so simple is to stay away from the processed food. It has been 8 weeks and I feel awesome. Keep going at it and you will be so happy. There is a different way of life when you are healthy and fit. IT seems every experience is that much better.
Love you lots XXOOO