Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One

I got up and went for a brisk 50 minute walk, which just felt great!  Later in the afternoon I hit the weights, but not hard (wouldn't be wise the first time in awhile).  I did 2 sets of 10 reps each set only.  I did bench press, lat pull-downs, deadlifts, bi-curls, shoulder press, and skull crushers.  I wanted to hit every main muscle and get them ready for hitting the weights hard.  I have to say it felt great doing these, even though for a moment I almost did my typical "talk myself out of it" talk.  I feel it in my bones that I am ready and my life is on the right track.

Of course I can workout all you want, but if I don't get my eating in control I'll be fighting against myself.  I am concentrating on eating good sources of protein and lots of vegetables and fruits, with a small amount of oatmeal.  Tonight I made pesto for the family and I made myself spaghetti squash with onions, garlic, and cherry tomatoes mixed in.  It was different, but not bad...even hubby and Justin didn't mind it as a side dish.

Here is to a new and healthy year!

1 comment:

Brit-Man said...

Just keep trying to do your best, that's all you can do.

:-) :-).

Matt