Saturday, January 15, 2011

Supreme 90 Day

I just ordered this DVD collection and can't wait to try it out!  I thought for sure this must be a gimmick of some kind, since the "Insanity" and "P90X" ones are about $150 each, and this one has Tosca Reno's nutrition plan included (for those who don't  know who she is, she is a woman in her 50's who has written the "Eat Clean Diet" book, has won many bodybuilding titles, and works for Oxygen magazine).  These workouts are right up my ally, with the exercises being done while holding dumbbells and less stress on the knee joints.  I can't wait and then I will start blogging about how it's all going :)  I will follow it to the T and see what happens.

Okay, so I took a recovery day a few days back and sure as always, I find it so hard to get my mojo back!  Don't get me wrong, I am still working out, but it was tough getting motivated again.  I am just not one of those people who can take a day off...not at this point anyway.  Now I know :)

New topic:  I read a few articles that pretty much made me say, "no shit".  First one is how research now shows that "exercise trumps DNA" and talks about how "doing any amount of exercise is linked to a 40% reduction in genetic risk of being overweight-and people with the most obesity-related DNA sequences saw the biggest benefits from exercise"  So, I guess people can't blame it on DNA anymore...oh darn ;)

The other thing I read and found interesting, but also knew to a point, is that not only our meat is lacking in the nutrients it once had, but our fruits and veggies are too!  For instance, carrots used to be a good source of Iron, but now there is a 24% decrease in the mineral.  Broccoli has a 37% decrease in calcium, and winter squash has a whopping 52% decrease in Riboflavin.  these are just a few, but all across the board there are lacking nutrients.  The reason?  The soil that is being used has been used over and over and over without being able to replenish itself.  In the past, crops were rotated and the soil was able to heal/breath.  I guess this is just another reason to buy the organic stuff (I'm still not there yet though) or why it is even more important to pop a good quality multi every day :)

Well, that is it for now.  Eat Healthy and enjoy your day/week!

9 comments:

Brit-Man said...

There's science to prove that things like Organic Potatos and I think it was Carrotts and Onions are no better than normal ones.

Though you might like this, if you've never seen it before.

Diets in details a downloadable food tracker programme. I downloaded it a few weeks ago to see.

Check it out, it's easy to use, looks good and is REALLY thorough on listings.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

I think it's funny how every week something different comes out...this is bad for you, good for you, no big deal, horrible....
Poor people never know what to eat these days LOL

I'm going to check out that site...thanks for the info :)
Have a great day, matt :)

Maggie said...

Gena bought the P90x and they started on it a few weeks, then gave up. :( I'm not a big fan of dvd work outs. Only because they are like getting a treadmill. The novelty seems to wear off before you even make your money back on it. lol

I need to eat more veggies period. Even if it is only giving me a small percentage of nutrients. Any is good to me. lol

I so miss blogging. I still can't seem to get back into right yet.

Hope you're having an awesome day!

Colette said...

For many (myself included at times) people get caught up in the commercial of the DVD, then give up. For the P90X one, you have to have been working out for awhile to begin with. With this one, it's only $20 bucks, so I know I'll get my moneys worth.

It is hard to eat those veggies! I'm better, but could be even better.

I miss you blogging too :(
So many stopped and it sucks, but I can't let that make me stop. This is how I keep myself accountable, so I'm doing it for me :)

hayleycepeda said...

Colette I saw your comment on how everything seems to change on a week to week basis. I try to buy organic or hormone/antibiotic-free chicken and meat but for the most part I just buy "normal" stuff with everything else. Unless I just know that organic apples taste way better than regular ones, but even that is hit or miss sometimes. I can't seem to keep up with the research anymore! After reading certain blogs I feel guilty about consuming eggs, fish, chicken, dairy...it never ends! But I'm not giving any of that stuff up. :)

Good for you for keeping up with the good eating habits and workouts! Mojo comes and goes...so long as you get back on the wagon that's all that matters.

Colette said...

Hayley, I so agree with you! I'm glad you will still buy what you want and may try certain things out, but will consume what YOU want. I'm like that too.

Thanks for the positive words...one day I may get up and start running like you do (just don't hold your breath LOL). You amaze me with that :)

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!
Very helpful information specifically the closing phase :
) I deal with such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time.
Thanks and best of luck.

Here is my web page :: Cosima revival

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably imagine that which you stated.
Your favorite justification appeared to be on
the internet the easiest factor to keep in mind of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while folks consider issues that they just do not
recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and defined out
the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks can
take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.

Thank you

my web blog - Max Thermo Burn and Beta Force

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers
when in this technological globe all is available on net?


Feel free to surf to my website; 1285 Muscle Buidling