Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day One

Started day one and it was just what I like!  Today's workout was back and chest.  I went with light dumbbells to start, so I can get the moves and form down correctly.  We used the stability ball on some exercises as well.  I couldn't complete all the push-up parts, but came close.  I could not even do one push-up where your feet are on top of the ball!  I kept up and it was only a 30 minute workout, so that was nice :)

I'm trying to decide about the nutrition part of this program though.  It's lacking in calcuim big time, and not a whole lot of veggies, but heavier on the brown rice and apples, and of course lean protein.  I'm thinking I want to go heavy on the protein, veggies, and make sure to get three servings of calcuim, with maybe one apple a day and some berries maybe.  Any suggestions out there??

4 comments:

Brit-Man said...

You can get Calcium in things like Beans, Rice, Cucumber, Eggs, Grapefruit, normal and red, Dairy, Shellfish, Nuts and Peanuts, possibly others too, so you might be getting quite a bit of Calcium in the Rice, but you could always add some Egg in there if you like.

The Egg would give you Calcium and protein, or Beans would be another good option, as Beans and Rice are complimentary proteins so they would work well together.

I'm sure you'll find out what works best for you.

Take care and best wishes :-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

Yeah, I would do 1 egg, if you're worried about protein/calcium. Or just up your calcium intake with vitamins. I think the way you eat honestly is better than most, so i would stick to your own plan.

I did my work out yesterday, just havent written about it yet. :)

Colette said...

Well I do have eggs every day, so that's a good thing. I think I will just eat clean and do what I know is good, and just keep the portions small and make sure I eat something every three hours.

Hey M, I'm glad you started working out again too. Let's keep it going and motivate eachother!

Dozie Onunkwo, Ph.D. said...

My personal favorite veggie is broccoli, full of many vitamins and nutrients (calcium, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, zinc). I recently wrote a blog about all of its benefits, check it out! And best of luck!

http://www.unbiasedhealth.com/2011/01/love-that-veggie-broccoli.html