Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 36 ~Legs

Workout:  Today was legs and I did the whole S90S workout, including the core/ab work.  I like this disc because is actually works only legs/glutes and works them hard.  I changed the last set of lunge with a reach, for weighted squats.  My knee was acting up with all the lunges, so this worked best for me.  Other then that, twenty-five minutes on legs is pretty good :)

Talk:  Last week we were having storms galore!  Tornado hit a few towns over, high winds, tons of snow in the mountains, rain and cold air.  This week, blue skies and highs in the upper 70's low 80'sF...then they say rain again Saturday with temps in the 60's!  This is just crazy weather!  Anyway, it was so wonderful yesterday that Ashley and I went for a 30min walk and we talked the whole time.  It was wonderful!  Today, hubby and I are going for a good walk too, and I know we will have good conversation as well  :)

Food:  I have been so into drinking green smoothies after my workout/shower.  I finally found the right balance of yummy and enjoy it completely!  Here is what I do;  One scoop vanilla whey protein powder, one scoop (2 Tbs) ground flax seed, one cup mixed frozen fruit (no syrup), one packet sweetener (Stevia), pack the blender with raw spinach leaves and add about 1c water or more if needed and blend.  So yummy and so good for you :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Good job on the legs! Someday I'll have to check this out this DVD. It looks like a really great workout.

I haven't had a green smoothie/juice or any kind of juicer, for that matter, in so long. It's been too damn cold here! Right when we thought spring had arrived the temps dropped to the 40s again. I'm sure I'll pull the juicer out in the summer though. :)

Brit-Man said...

I'll forgo the green thingy as it doesn't really look like my thing, but hey I'm glad it's working for you.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt