Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day Nineteen~ Shoulders and Arms...What happened to repairing??

This is a great workout and hits the arms like nothing else.  Right now my arms are still like jello, and it's been almost an hour since I completed it.  I have to say that I did not do the diamond push-ups at the end for two reasons.  One, these come right after a TON of bi's and tri work, and my triceps were killing me as it was.  Two, we just did these yesterday, which brings me to a subject I want to talk about...giving your muscles 48 hours to repair.

~It is a well known fact that in order to get the most from your muscles, you need to give them at least 48hrs to repair.  This means, you should not work that muscle for two days, after working the crap out of them.  The problem I have with this program is, just about every day we are doing core work and push-ups of some kind.  I'm not sure how productive this is.  Like today, it was shoulders/arms yet we started off doing three different types of ab work three times around...we did ab work yesterday too and I know tomorrow we will be doing more.  Push-up are the same thing.  I'm going to purposely not do these every day and see what happens.  I don't want to do all that work and not get results.  I will give it 100% when I do work these muscles and just tear it up.  We shall see...

2 comments:

Maggie said...

This is something I need to work on, is weights. I'm not sure why I hate doing them just as much as I hate cardio. lol

Anonymous said...

My bio professor (back in the day) told us that abs are the exception to this rule (24-48 hr thing).

Good luck to you. :) I just started the Supreme 90 and so far I think it's fantastic.