Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day Twenty-Five~ Rest Day...Let's Talk

I am excited to say that today I have an interview with Macy's Department store.  I have not had an interview in over fifteen years, so I'm not sure what to expect.  I went and bought some kickin' black slacks, the cutest short sleeve girly blazer, and a hot pink satin blouse to wear under the blazer.  I am going to wear my hair up and will be looking the part.  I will go in and just be myself, honest, and charming.  I don't care what position I get at this point, but will make it clear that I do want to move up in the company at some point.  I love Macy's and this is a job that requires you to be on your feet, which is what I want.  I hope I get it...fingers crossed!

Since I know I have to watch what I spend for right now, I am surprised to see just how much money I wasted in the past.  Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a spender.  I have just noticed how much gas I would go through just by driving anywhere I wanted.  Or stock up on something because it was on sale.  Now I make sure I take advantage of where I need to go, and make a list of the other places I could hit while I'm out there.  I don't just go out, come back home, and go back out to the same area I was just at earlier.  Also, if I don't need it, I don't buy it...sale or not.  I buy the amount I need and nothing more...it will be back on sale in no time anyway.  I have spent very little money by doing this and it feels good.

Well, that is some of what's going on in my world.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Brit-Man said...

You'll be fine. You've got all the right attributes for a good job, so you shouldn't have any problems, unless they are blind or have issues with their recruitment process.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

Let us know as soon as you know if you got the job. I'm so proud of you for taking this step. I think its been 15yrs for me too. I wouldn't know what to write as last employment. lol I cant think that far back. lol

Ruby said...

Hi Colette!! I am getting caught up here!! Wow you have been working so hard. I totally agree with you about not working the same muscles each day and your right goes against everything we have learned ..good to break it up! I had Insanity but returned it..too much for my knees. I am trying Turbo Fire right now so far so good. I went online at BeachBody and looked at the reviews. I have 90 days to try it. If my knees start feeling it then I may not keep it. So far love it.
WISHING THAT YOU GOT THE JOB AT MACYSS!!!!!!!!! LET US KNOW. When I visit the States I love to go there!!! XXXOO

Tarsha said...

Hope your interview went well...