Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Twenty-One~ Legs

This should be called legs and core, but it's not.  I do think this workout is kick-butt and hits the whole leg a lot!  When this is over, my legs are toast, my face is red (seems like it's always red) and my heart is pumping.  We don't get breaks, but once I had to pause the DVD so I could do the split lunges at my own pace and take a tiny breather.  We did more seated twists and other ab exercises, but no planks or sit-ups this time.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because I get to do a brand new workout called, "total body".  I can't wait to see what that is all about :)

So I haven't talked about my eating, so I'll take the time and do that now.  I have not been following the eating plan that is included, BUT I have been being real close to it.  I'm not eating as many whole grain carbs and I'm adding dairy. 
A day for me looks like this: 
1/3c dry oats w/scoop of flax seed and a splash of milk. 
Workout
Protein shake or egg white/spinach/tomato omelet and milk
Big salad with mixed greens, mixed veggies, feta cheese, tomatoes, any other veggie I may have
Tuna or canned chicken breast
An orange or other piece of fruit
Chicken breast (or meatloaf, taco meat, or whatever that is made with ground all white meat turkey) with a large salad or other veggie and milk
For dessert I may have a sugar free pudding cup or some popcorn

This works for me because it's foods I enjoy, the portions are small and the foods are lean and clean so my body will burn them up pretty fast.  I have a perfect amount of energy, so I know my body is not starving and running like it should be.  I'm happy with the results so far and look forward to see the end result :)

2 comments:

Brit-Man said...

It's good to see the chicken in there, because Tuna is full of Metals, so daily Tuna isn't ideal.

It's reccomended at 2-3 times a week now.

Glad things are working well for you.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

Man you are rockin the work out! Did you take a before and after?
Glad you put down what you're eating. :)