Monday, March 21, 2011

Day Twenty-Six...again

Let me explain the title of this post. 
~Today is Monday, and since this weekend was pretty much wasted, I have decided to go back and start over on the week.  Today I did Total Body again, but this time I used a different DVD to change things up a bit.  I am starting over because I want Sunday to be my rest day, so this works out.  Also, Justin stayed the whole weekend and just left this morning, so needless to say, I didn't workout while he was here and I ate like crap!  I felt it in today's workout too. 

The DVD I used was "Jackie Warner's X-Treme" and boy was it!  You would think that after doing the Supreme 90 for almost a month I would be ready for this one.  We did different things that made my muscles burn and got my heart rate up.  Now it could be that the few days of rest and bad eating has played a role in my strength, and the lack of a good nights sleep last night all had something to do with it...I'm guessing yes, since the last workout I was full of energy and today not so much.  Whatever the reason, at least I made it though the whole workout and will be getting back into the groove again.  Also, I am cleaning up my eating and cutting back on calories for a bit. 

I have to tell you what my daughter did last night.  She has been watching this cooking show called, "Kitchen Boss" and decided to make homemade pasta sauce and homemade raviolis for dinner!  She did it all on her own and it turned out fantastic!!  I was so proud of her!  She usually has no interest in cooking, and now since she's into this show, she wants to cook once a week...I said go for it!  My baby is growing up LOL
~Justin:  I miss him already.  He looked great, sounded happy and looked at life in a good way.  He got to hang out with all of his friends here in town and ate dinner with us every night.  Last night he stayed home and that felt right.  I sure love my boy and when he's here, the family feels complete.  It was an absolutely wonderful weekend and I can't be more proud of my kids!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow! You wrote about two of my favorites. Jackie and Kitchen boss aka cake boss. I taped all the kitchen boss shows. I want to make his homemade sauce too. Yay! For Ashley for trying it out.

I'm still in awe that you do any of these hard core dvds. So, don't get too hard on yourself. You're doing awesome!

Brit-Man said...

It might not necessarily need to be calories that get cut.

One possibility is to remove 10g Carbs from each meal and add roughly the same amount of Fat back in, so you change ratios not cut back.

The added fat should to some extent get used for energy, because you'll create a carb deficeit.

This may be an option to consider, if you feel cutting may be of detriment, though if the carbs are already in fairly moderate amount,s thne obviously going low isn't reccomended.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

CraftyLikeLindy said...

I have been bad too as you read on my blog! Today is my birthday so I am getting back on the wagon fully tomorrow. I am going to start with Total Body again tomorrow too....