Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Twenty-Three~ Core Dynamics...not a fan

Today was a new DVD, called Core Dynamics.  It was only twenty minutes long and consisted of lots of different plank-type exercises and a variety of sit-ups.  I'm on the fence with this one.  I think I'm just so bored with doing planks pretty much every workout day, and it was feeling like an arm/shoulder workout more then anything.  My muscles are sore/tender and need some time to just heal.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I want to stick with this program just to say I actually completed it, but I feel that maybe by just doing the traditional weightlifting routine I will better my body.  Hit a muscle group hard, leave that group alone for two days, and come back to it.  I don't feel like my muscles are getting a break of any kind.  We did more squats today, which is three days in a row now.  I don't know what to do...

On a side note, this is my new favorite move for sure :)

2 comments:

Brit-Man said...

That type of positioning on side planks is not normally a reccomendable thing, so what makes it different placing the hand on a dumbbell; as normally you'd position on the forearm, for more stability and to reduce the strain on the wrist the pictured positioning could potentially cause.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Colette said...

this is true and there are a few moves in this I question. With all the planks being done with a straight arm, I feel like my wrists and shoulders are not okay. I like this move because I can do it and it looks cool LOL