Saturday, March 19, 2011

Days Twenty Six-Twenty Eight- Rest and Total Body

I apologize for slacking on my blog, but it seems like things just got busy around here.  So I will talk about the three days that have passed :)

Workout:  I did what my hubby and Matt had suggested and took two days off of my workouts, just so I could rest  my body and get my mind back into the game.  Did this work out for me?  Heck yes it did!  This was just what I needed and I am so happy I did it.  My workout today was Total Body and I killed it!!  I was full of energy and even could have done more!  My muscles were strong and I was able to lift heavier weights.  My energy is still up now and I feel great!  This was just what my body and mind needed.  I will not workout hard so many days in a row, and I will make sure to take at least one day a week off.  Just because the program comes with a chart/calender to follow, you can still modify it to your liking just as long as you are working out and following the program for the most part :)

My interview:  This was the first time I've had an interview in a very long time, so I had no idea what to expect.  I get there and two woman take me to an office to do the interview!  I then find out the job I applied for was not really what i wanted and felt so weird about it.  The job was a support kind of thing where I'd answer phones, answer questions that team workers may have, make and print out sales fliers and such.  I do not want a job like this right now.  I want a job that is fun, interactive with people, and where I'm moving most of the time.  I want to be on the floor as a salesperson.  I told them this and they were surprised, said no problem, and would have the person who is in charge of that hirering department get back to me.  I did tell them I want to be in a place where i can move up, when the time is right.  I will say though, it was an experience and now I know what to expect for the most part for future interviews.  I did look the part for the position they wanted, and my AA degree is what put me up for that job position.  So that is that :)

Justin:  I am happy to say that yesterday when I got home from getting my oil changed, my boy was there!!  he surprised us and what a wonderful surprise it is.  I made chicken parm. for dinner (his request) and we watched Jackass 3-D which was pretty funny and of course gross!  He will be leaving tomorrow morning, so that's two nights he's here at home...I am a very happy mama :)

Comments: 
~Matt, you are so kind and sweet...thank you!
~Maggie, I leave that part blank and just put in a few good references that they can call about character and such.  Someone from Bath and Body told me to do that, because I had nothing to put down either LOL
~Ruby, I am so glad you are around!  Let me know how Turbo Jam is for you.  Insanity is so hard on the knees, but I'm giving it another try, not every day and no jumping high for me either.  You need to give me your email or something so we can catch up and chat :)
~Tarsha, thank you very much...it was interesting LOL

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

These things happen, but there are positives which you have obviously taken from it, so that's a good thing.

It's just one hurdle that's all and in time I'm sure what you want will work out for you.

Keep believing and don't let anything get you down.

Good luck and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

I for one am very proud of you for just taking that step to working. Something will come along Im sure of it. Glad you're having a great time with Justin. Again, you ROCK with the work outs! {{hugs}}

Colette said...

Thanks Matt, I sure will :)

Maggie, thanks! I'm trying LOL