Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Days 38-

Dang the days just flew by and I haven't had a chance to sit down long enough to blog.  I guess I'll just have to do some making up :)

Workout:  In the past days, I have not done any DVDs because I just didn't feel it.  The weather has been simply beautiful, so I have wanted to be outside more then anything.  I've been walking and hitting the big-girl weights instead.  It felt so good to be in the garage with the weight bench and heavier weights and bars.  I worked chest, back, shoulders, bi's, and tris, and core...I did some of the same circuits that are on the S90D workouts, but used heavier weight.  It felt GREAT!!  I am feeling a bit sore today though, but that is quite alright.  This morning I put my ipod in and hit the pavement.  I felt so alive and energized!  I walked, I ran, I sprinted, I did lots of walking lunges, and I rocked out to my music...what a wonderful time it was :)

Food:  I figured out a little something this weekend.  I need a bit of carbs after all.  I went to a birthday party Friday night, had two slices of pizza and a small dessert...the whole day previous to that I only ate protein and veggies and not much.  During the weekend I didn't eat a lot, but I didn't just stick to the usual.  I did have dessert on Saturday and I did not feel guilty for it.  Instead, I got more energy and felt so much better.  My body liked the boost in calories too...my tummy got flatter and my muscles are starting to show more and my clothes are getting looser.  So, I think I will give myself a cheat day every week and just enjoy what ever it is I feel like :)

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

Your idea is perfectly fine. It's about controlling it so it doesn't become a problem.

For some, being strict would cause a massive splurge, so having one meal or day of free eating, would be like a release for some, but as long as you're able to control it, then you'll be fine.

Which I know you will do.

WELL DONE. I'm proud of your results and consistency and I hope it continues. You're a stellar peson and deserve some happiness in your life.

:-) :-).

Matt

Hayley said...

I think it's so great that you're learning about your body, what works for you, what doesn't, etc. You're becoming so physically aware of yourself and that's a really big achievement! I think it's awesome. :)

Colette said...

Matt, thank you and this time it will stick. I am loving how I feel and how I'm thinking, and don't have any desire to go backwards :)

Hayley, thank you! I'm trying :)