Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Four Day Hiadus...

...but I'm back now and hopefully staying!

I fell off the wagon Friday and just now got back on.  Why did this happen?  I'd like to say that I just didn't have time, but that would be a lie.  I'd like to say I ran out of healthy options in the house, but that would also be a lie.  Truth is, I got lazy, added some carbs in my diet and went crazy!  I honestly thought that since I have cleaned out my system from sugars and heavy carbs, and have been working out for over a month, that I would be ok to have just a small amount of bread/pasta and be fine with it.  WRONG!  I started craving the bagels/cereals/pasta/waffles and stopped wanting the proteins.  YIKES!  Not good!  Today I am cleaning up my diet once again and getting those workouts going.  I will start back on my calandar from where I left off, so I believe that puts me on day 43.  It bugs me how I would probably be almost done with two months now, but I won't cheat like that, and I'd only be lying to myself.  When I fall off the wagon, my markings on the calander stops, and that's just the way it is :)

Workout:  I did S90D Legs today and went on a nice brisk walk.  My legs should be feeling it by tonight or tomorrow.  It felt great!

Bad eating:  So, what in the world have I been doing, if not working out and eating right?  It's been a wonderful weekend and I'm happy to share it with you.  Friday we went to stay at my dads to celebrate Justins 22nd birthday.  I had brought over home-made enchiladas and a home-made cake.  We had such a great visit and I got to spend a lot of time with my son.  The next day we went out to breakfast and I ate cinnomon swirl french toast with bacon (so good....so bad).  When we got home on Saturday, we were all tired!  Ashley turned on this cooking show, "Kitchen Boss" and realized we had all the ingredians needed for this apple cake and decided to make it.  Well, that was our dinner and evening snack LOL  That's right, the whole day all I ate was the french toast and apple cake.  Nothing but white carbs and sugar.  Not proud, but it was deliciouse!  Sunday I took my sister-in-law out for the day while her hubby was setting up her 40th birthday surprise party.  We went to Chipotle for lunch and a sweet coffee drink for snack.  Of course when we got back to the house, I had a strawberry daqouri, and big juicy hot dog, chips, and a piece of cake.  Again, white carbs, sugar, and fat!  The party was fun though and we had a lot of fun :)

I tried to get back on the wagon yesterday, but didn't suceed.  I ended up eating crappy and sitting on my butt!  Not good and I sure felt like crap for doing so!  Thank goodness that's over with and behind me, and today is a new day!

Here's to a stay-on-the-wagon week/month/year!!! 

2 comments:

Brit-Man said...

Well you know that the things you did perhaps shouldn't have happened, but it's now about what you can learn from it.

It may be the case that you assumed you were in the right frame of mind to be able to loosely intepret the situation and then you allowed it to dictate your mindset.

Perhaps you will have to consider being totally srtict on the food and the exercise, until you're in the right frame of mind, or you've become stronger and can do what started to happen, without it starting to control you.

You have stuck to what you have been doing for many weeks now, so you do have a lot to be proud of, but you need to keep believing in yourself and believing in what you're doing and know that this is not for anyone but yourself, so you have nothing to prove but to yourself.

You have a chance to do great things and for someone who is maturing, you are still very youthful and you do embody what the word human means and I am proud of you for what you are doing, but don't let things rule your head so much okay and keep making that positive progress count. Don't start going backwards and if that means being totallly strict on food and exercise, until you're strong enough to relax, without going off at a tangent, then that is what you probably should do.

You're a superb person and I wish you a lot of luck and best wishes trying to make this work for you, os don't see this as an excuse ot punish yourself, but to learn from it and try to realise when you might cause this sort of thing to happen again, so you're bettter prepared.

I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK and I do understand how these things can happen if you don't really want them, because you allow circumstance to dictate behaviour.

Overall you've been doing superbly ever since I've known you and I know you'll continue to do that and continue to make yourself proud and you are a great looking "youthfully mature" Lady, so keep your head in the game, but don't be too hard on yourself yeah.

Your friend

ML

Hayley said...

I really couldn't have said it better than Matt - I think you have a lot to be proud of and have been doing so well on your program. We're only human and the fact that you enjoyed what you ate and did and are moving on means you're not getting sucked into that "black hole" and endless spiral of feeling guilty, continuing to make unhealthy choices, etc. I'm glad that you allowed yourself to indulge for Justin's birthday! At least you know your body well enough to realize what you need to do to get back on track.

Happy belated Birthday to Justin! :)