Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Work

Can I just say that I feel so lucky that I love my job and the people I am working with!  I came home last night in such a great mood.  I enjoy talking to most of the customers and the girls I work with are just so sweet and fun.  We were talking about this one young girls outfit and I had said, "she looks so hip" and the girls looked at me and said, "I can not believe you just said the word hip" and laughed.  I then laughed and asked what they would have said....they would say stylish or something like that.  I told them I think "hip" is just fine LOL  On the positive point, they did say they'd let me say that since I'm cool in other areas...nice ;)

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

Well in fairness, what exactly could they do if they dissaproved of you using such a word?

Report you to management for constant, flagrant and gross misuse of a word, deemed by some, to have been socially uncool for about 20 years?

Good to know you're deemed acceptable to hang with their posse :-p.

Having said that though, what would happen if they dissproved of something you did.

Hey Colette, why do you keep saying hip all the time, it's really square, get with the times.

Then you say, geez it's just a word, seriously get over it girlfriend, then follow up with one of those arm swishes, with the coordinated finger click and dramatic head turn.

Maybe suck your teeth at the end, but I'm guessing that would be overdoing it a little.

Ha.

Good to know things are progressing well for you all the same.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Maggie said...

LOL I can see you fitting right in. You're "Hip" like that. :)

Colette said...

LOL Matt, I should do that head waggin' finger snapping, arms going kind of thing!

Mag, I am hip like that LOL